Nothing can make your skin crawl quite like the thought of a pest invading your bedroom while you are trying to sleep. Whether it is a roach crawling across your arm and waking you up in the middle of the night or finding fresh insect bites all over you in the morning, you aren’t going to get a good night’s sleep if you are dealing with bedroom pests.
There are several different bedroom pests that can turn your place of rest into a living nightmare. If you notice any of the following types of bugs or pests in your space, it is time for you to consider Salem pest management:
- Bed Bugs – The most common bedroom pest, bed bugs feed on humans while they sleep. They spread quickly throughout the home by catching rides on clothing, books, and other items.
- Fleas – Fleas can make it into your home through your clothing or pets. Once they make it inside, they will feed on any food source available to them, including you and your family.
- Ants – Ants are on a mission to find food. If you have crumbs or trash around your bedroom, then they will be drawn to it.
- Cockroaches – Roaches are also attracted to food and trash. They also tend to come in and hang out around water sources, which means bedrooms with an en suite are extra attractive to them.
- Spiders – Spiders tend to build webs in cluttered rooms, typically in the corners.
- Mice & Rats – Rodents typically go to food and water, but they are also inclined to find a warm and dark place to make their nest, which could lead them to dressers or closets.
What has eight legs and is covered with black hair? I don’t know, but it’s crawling up your arm!
If that children’s joke gives you the willies, then you’re not alone as fear of insects and spiders is very common. In fact, the fear of spiders is well known by its official name of arachnophobia.
If you’ve ever wondered why spiders creep us out, you’re in luck as our staff here at AAA Exterminators, Inc., has spent some time coming up with a few reasons they can pinpoint for this aversion.
One of the first things is their very appearance. Spiders have a somewhat off-putting look due to their multiple legs and are furry or fuzzy, far removed from what most of us consider cute and cuddly.
Spiders are fast and can scurry quite quickly, which makes some people uneasy about how they can disappear by running off. “If they can run away that quickly, they can run towards us just as fast,” say those who hate spiders.
Spiders create sticky webs that make a mess and look creepy with trapped insects cocooned in them. If you’ve ever talked through a spider web, it’s likely that you didn’t find it a pleasant experience.
We could also talk about tales of spiders being discovered in grocery-store bananas or grapes or spiders being known to eat their mates, but let’s just say that if you have spiders in your home call an extermination company for Salem pest management.
You can find pests in any area – including your office. Put a stop to pests in your workspace with help from the team at AAA Pest Exterminators, Inc. Take a look at this excellent advice for business owners:
- No Eating at Desks – We know that asking employees not to eat at their desks is a big deal, but it is a quick and easy way to put a stop to pest infestations. To help put a stop to desk snacking, you should provide your team with extra break times for meals. Additionally, investing in a nice eating area is a wise plan.
- Stop Standing Water – Standing water is a problem when it comes to pest infestations. While you may think it is not essential, pests will congregate around standing water in kitchens and bathrooms. It would help if you called a plumber the moment you notice standing water.
- Empty Trash Cans Every Night – If you are allowing your team to enjoy coffee and snacks at their desks, you should make sure that you remove the trash every night. Hire a janitorial staff to perform this task, as well as vacuum under desks.
When you need Salem pest management services in your office, you can rest assured that our team will be able to help you. Our business has been providing exceptional services for more than 20 years.
Dealing with ants in the home is very frustrating. Take a look at this list of areas ants tend to live:
- Kitchen – You are most likely to find ants infesting your kitchen, as they can get water and food at all times while living there. It is vital that you take care of spills and clean up crumbs whenever you notice these spots, as these messes are feasts for ants. Keeping your kitchen clean at all times is the easiest way to avoid infestations.
- Inside Your Walls – A tiny crack in your home exterior or interior can lead to an ant infestation. You should keep an eye out for any of these cracks in the wall and patch them as soon as you notice them. If your home has a basement, you should keep an eye on the foundation.
- Bathrooms – Bathrooms are an excellent source of water for ants, so they will often set up a colony in these areas. Keeping your basement clean with plenty of disinfectants, putting personal care items away, and always handling leaks and drips will keep ants out of your bathroom.
Get rid of ants in your home with help from the team at AAA Pest Exterminators, Inc. We are the company to contact when you are seeking Salem pest management services.